When someone is injured as a result of another person’s negligence or some kind of accident, victims may have a legal claim and will likely be entitled to compensation for their injuries and losses.
Common bases for personal injury lawsuits include (but aren’t limited to):
- an accident at work and/or in the home
- exposure to toxins
- ingesting tainted foods
- medical malpractice
- motor vehicle and/or traffic accidents
- slip and falls
- taking a harmful or recalled medication
- use of a defective product
If you or a loved one has endured a personal injury as a result of one of the above claims, consult with one of our experienced personal injury attorneys as soon as possible. At the Law Offices of David S. Chesley, Inc., our highly respected legal team will work their hardest to help you recover compensation for your injuries and losses.
How to File a Personal Injury Claim
After sustaining a personal injury, it’s essential that injured parties:
- Seek immediate medical treatment to prevent further harm to their health
- Receive all prescribed, long-term treatments for the best chances of recovery
- Once their health is stable, meet with one of our personal injury lawyers to find out how to pursue a legal remedy
At the Law Offices of David S. Chesley, Inc., we serve as tireless advocates for the injured and will fight aggressively at every stage of the process to ensure the best outcome in your case.
While your claim may require a trial, in 95 percent of all personal injury cases filed, a settlement is reached before trial begins. Settlement awards will vary according to:
- the cost of past medical bills
- whether long-term treatments will be needed
- whether a permanent disability has developed
- whether the injured party will be able to earn a living after sustaining this injury
Additionally, personal injury settlements will include compensation for pain and suffering.
Personal Injury Lawsuit Statistics
- Each year in the U.S., there are about 3 million personal injuries and 40,000 deaths that result from car accidents.
- Truck accidents are responsible for 60,000 personal injuries and 5,000 deaths annually in the U.S.
- Construction site accidents caused 300,000 personal injuries and 1,000 deaths in 2008.
- Up to 98,000 patients are wrongfully killed each year as a result of medical mistakes.
To schedule a co-obligation consultation with an experienced and dedicated personal injury lawyer, contact the Law Offices of David S. Chesley, Inc.